Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2008


Monday, May 12, 2008

First night in tent went fairly well. Got a bit chilly, but sleeping bag took care of that. Went to sleep listening to the birds singing, when I woke this morning they were singing again, surround sound birds. Bike is getting its tune up, while I attempt to again find a hotspot that this computer will hook up to.

I think I’ll head south tomorrow to look for a ferry to France. Spent some time chatting with a fellow this morning. He told me camping in France is great, that the weather there is a bit more stable then England. “Head to the South if you can, warm by the Mediterranean. Back to the bookstore to check out some more maps.

The weather has been beautiful so far. Sunny, warm, light breeze, people in the parks laying in the grass. Green, green green abounds along with flowers of every color. All weekend the parks were littered with bodies, kids running, jumping and playing.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hung out here one more day, just riding around town, doing some adjusting to my bikes equipment. Ice seems to be working keeping things cold, however it was a bit cool today. Went to the town market again, nice fresh fruit, see picture, fresh cheese, and bread. I just noticed something to day. There are no school buses in Salisbury! Have not seen a one. I’ll have to check this out as I ride around. All the children here ware school uniforms. Even the little kids going to day school have a uniform.

Bought a book to read. For the past two years while here not book. You have things to do, places go don’t need no stinking book. Well that changed today; since I’m on vacation I can have a book if I want one. Silly how we create rules for our lives like we don’t have enough of them already. So I am going to sit in my lounge chair, sleeping mattress, chair cushion thing and ready my book.

Cooked my first breakfast today, glad I wrote this need to go to the store, which turned out fairly well. Needs a little adjustment, like butter to keep things from sticking. Made a cup of coffee also to go with my breakfast. You’re probably wondering why I would write about making breakfast? Well cause it’s a big event, cooking on my new stove, with my new pots. There is an ooops here. Open my pots to find a gas canister neatly tucked inside. Not a good thing to bring on the airplane.

So far I’ve lightened my load my about 10lbs, more to go. Sent home some stuff today, with more to follow before I leave England. I think I have accumulated about 5lbs of nuts and bolts for my bike. Am I a pack rat or what? Now my friend Gary said things go away as you travel, and only what you need comes to you. I must be pretty needy, like a freaking magnet. So everything I don’t use in the next two days is going to Goodwill.

France has a shit load of waterways. This is wonderful! The train is not far from the waterways. So I can ride the towpaths, jump on a train and get to where I’m going. Sure sound easy doesn’t it? We’ll see in a couple of days. I have also found campgrounds all over France, some look like amusement parks. The first campground in France will be etretat about 15 miles from the Ferry terminal. So I think I will stay here one more day, Wednesday, then head to Portsmouth on Thursday. Really I am.

1 comment:

  1. CCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRLLLLLL!!
    Well done teach! I am really glad to see you out there and doing this. I will keep watching out for ya, CORY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete