Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2018

Just Hanging Around Devizes

July 5, 2018

Just Stuff

Last night I noticed that there was a broken spoke in the rear wheel.  Well, that just will not do since my bike has to carry 38 lbs. and me.  So it is in the shop now getting fixed.  My bike is a Specialized Crossroad that I purchased her for $1400 about six years ago.  It is the same bike that I have at home with almost the same configuration.  I’ve put about $400 more in adjustments to make it easier to ride he in the U.K.   I’ve had it regeared both rear sprocket and crank.  Replaced the handlebars, seat, wheels, tires, and added front and rear panniers carries.  Each improvement was repeated on the bike I have at home and visa-a-versa.

Also two days ago my air mattress popped a seam right down the middle.  Which makes it somewhat difficult to sleep.  I have to pump it up just right so I don’t spend the night having to balance on the top of the mound created by the popped seam.  I’m now waiting to see if the company will replace it via FedEx.







This is a replacement mat for one popped three years ago.  I’m thinking maybe a different company for my mats.

Yesterday I wandered around the local museum.  I’m always impressed with these small museums that pack a great deal into a small space.  Today I’ll be taking a tour of the Wodwort Brewery.

It is eleven miles for Devizes city center to the campground.  Uphill one way which rises 237 ft in 2 miles.  It takes me 1 hour to get to town 20 minutes to get back to the campground.  I’ve been here five days now and will be here two more hopefully waiting for yet another replacement air mattress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment